The criterion for who should get a knee replacement has changed over time and there are some other very important considerations that should be taken into account. This video discusses these factors so you can make an informed decision regarding knee replacement surgery.
We've written a great blog about how to know when you need a knee replacement here.
Other recommended blogs
- Can I Kneel After a Knee Replacement?
- What is the Recovery Timeline for a Total Knee Replacement?
- How Can I Relieve Pain After my Total Knee Replacement?
1. Price, A. J., Alvand, A., Troelsen, A., Katz, J. N., Hooper, G., Gray, A., ... & Beard, D. (2018). Knee replacement. The Lancet, 392(10158), 1672-1682.
2. Carr, A. J., Robertsson, O., Graves, S., Price, A. J., Arden, N. K., Judge, A., & Beard, D. J. (2012). Knee replacement. The Lancet, 379(9823), 1331-1340.
3. Noble, P. C., Gordon, M. J., Weiss, J. M., Reddix, R. N., Conditt, M. A., & Mathis, K. B. (2005). Does total knee replacement restore normal knee function?. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 431, 157-165.
4. Wylde, V., Dieppe, P., Hewlett, S., & Learmonth, I. D. (2007). Total knee replacement: is it really an effective procedure for all?. The Knee, 14(6), 417-423.
5. Lingard, E. A., Katz, J. N., Wright, E. A., & Sledge, C. B. (2004). Predicting the outcome of total knee arthroplasty. JBJS, 86(10), 2179-2186.